Sunday, November 13, 2022

Music Blog Hop starts today!

Good morning friends. Today begins the Music Blog Hop, hosted by Carla of Creatin' in the Sticks. Here is my music-themed project. This is the Abbey Road free pdf pattern from: Fancy Tiger Crafts. The pillow cover is 18" square, and the background is minimally quilted with machine walking foot lines. Each individual Beatle is machine appliquéd. Continue reading to comment, and to see a complete list of all of the bloggers.

I am a Beatles fan from way back. 'Actually own a first-release Abbey Road LP from 1969. Some people think this album is their best work. One thing for sure, the iconic album cover photograph is genius. Have you ever noticed that there is no wording, only the image? This pillow cover has already found a home in the living room chair. Thanks for hosting, Carla. Please visit all of the other Music blog hoppers to see their awesome creations.

Monday, November 14th- Just Let Me Quilt, Quiltscapes, Words & Stitches, Selina Quilts, Ms P Designs USA, Homespun Hannah's Blog- you are already here (thank you for visiting)

Tuesday, November 15th- MooseStashQuilting, Kathleen McMusing, Just Sew Quilter, Pieceful Thoughts, Songbird Designs, DesertSky Quilting

Wednesday, November 16th- Den syende himmel, Inflorescence, That Fabric Feeling, Karrin’s Crazy World, Karen's Korner, Quilted Delights

Thursday, November 17th- Creatin' in the Sticks, Elizabeth Coughlin Designs, Quilting Gail, Just Because Quilts, Purring Cottage, Scrapdash

Blessings, Danice G.

24 comments:

Susan said...

I remember that album! I was a new mom and loved the Beatles all the way through high school. I think I still have CDs of all their albums. I should take them out and play them all day today! Your pillow is fabulous, thanks for sharing!

Carol said...

What a neat pillow cover! I love the Beatles. That pillow would find a home in our house too. Thanks for sharing!

Turid said...

I'm also a Beatles fan, and this pillow is perfect then.

Deonn said...

Cool design, Danice! Or should I say, groovy! I like how the straight line quilting morphs from the sidewalk.

tink's mom said...

Wow! This is wonderful. I love it. It is amazing how iconic this is. You look at your terrific pillow and there is absolutely no doubt about who and what it is. Thanks so much.

Lori Smanski said...

this is wonderful. I love how it shows them moving and we can move with them to the beat. thanks for sharing and inspiring

Carla said...

Oh, yes, no words needed. I love it! I always love your projects, but this one really sings. You can't have a music blog hop without the Beatles for sure. Thanks for joining the hop and for the inspiration with the link to the pattern!

Leah said...

Cool pillow. We had that record when I was growing up. I remembering listening to it a lot!

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Love The Beatles and your pillow!

Carol Swift said...

Love that pillow! Everyone recognizes that crosswalk photo, even in a silhouette. Thanks for sharing, Danice!

Kathleen said...

Wonderful reminder of a fabulous album! I could see my favorite Beatles fan with one of those on her couch.

Inflorescencedesigns said...

I know a few fans who would love this. It is wonderful and thank you for sharing the pattern link as well.

Calicojoan said...

Yep, I know I had this album as well and there were no words necessary, for everyone to know what it was! They changed the music world, didn't they? I still love listening to their music! Thanks for sharing that blast to the past!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great pillow cover. I have that album too. I remember when the Beatles came to America and I watched on the Ed Sullivan Show. The next day in gym class all the girls were singing, She Loves You! Great work!

Charlene McCain said...

Great pillow! I don't know anyone who wouldn't recognize the Fab Four design. Thank you for the link to the pattern.

Quilting Gail said...

Love your pillow! I knew it was "Abby Road" the second I saw it!

Karen's Korner said...

That is a "blast from the past". Love, love, love it.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Album cover pillow? Brilliant!!

LJ said...

Very neat pillow and perfectly musical, too. It took me awhile to appreciate The Beatles; I was too much a product of the 50s. I do enjoy their songs now though.

Paula Louceiro said...

This is an iconic album cover and it certainly couldn't miss the challenge. Beautiful work!

piecefulwendy said...

What a great idea, using that iconic album cover for a pillow! Clever!

lynn said...

Very cool Danice. I remember all of those times so well. Thanks.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

What a great pillow, Danice! I'm a Beatles fan from way back too!!

Danice G said...

Thank you all so much. I am very pleased with the Abbey Road pillow.